Ghilotti Bros. wins county bike project contract
Ernest Klock, county principal engineer, noted Ghilotti Bros. was low bidder among five firms vying for the job, with a high bid of $382,000 submitted by CF Contracting of Fairfax.
Bike lane asphalt widening, striping and signing in along Atherton Avenue in Novato will include a stretch from Highway 37 to 730 feet east of Olive Drive, and from Armstrong Road and Binford Road to Bugeia Lane.
Signing and striping for bike lanes will proceed at:
- Donahue Street: Highway 101 offramp for 0.2 miles.
- Lucas Valley Road: Los Gamos Road to Las Gallinas Road.
- Kent Avenue: Poplar Avenue to the county limits.
- Novato Boulevard: Point Reyes-Petaluma Road to the city limits.
- Seminary Drive: Ricardo Road to Gilbert Drive.
County supervisors routinely approved the contract, as well as a $23,888 contingency fund to pay for any extras.
Contact Nels Johnson via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.